Music Production & Audio Engineering II
Semester 2 Project 1: Sample Slicing
For this project, you will create a song by sampling a piece of music, slicing that sample into smaller pieces, and then rearranging those pieces to create something new.
• Your sample must be from a piece of music with rhythmic and pitched information (Meaning it can’t just be a noise, a drone, speech, etc…)
• Your sample must have been recorded before 1995.
• Your sample must be correctly warped.
• You must slice the sample using the Simpler and rearrange the slices.
• You must correctly determine the scale and key of your sample.
• You must add at least 1 programmed/played pitched element in the key of the song.
• You must use an EQ8 equalizer to highlight certain parts of your sample.
• Your song must be between 1 minute and 3 minutes long.
Thursday, January 30th